Monday, February 13, 2012

Save the date!

It is hard not to follow {and at times impossible} the digital world! Trust me, I fully embrace email, evites, google calendar, facebook, and even blogging, but I also have an appreciation for "old school". Even with our google calendar and my work outlook calendar, I still have a "traditional" calendar. You know what I am talking about, the type you hang on the wall and flip from month to month, do you remember those?! However my hanging calendar has some new competition.

Before I introduce you to my new best friend Erin {who only knows my name by my order}, let's flash back to just yesterday, ok way back, to my school days. I have always been a visual person and love to color code. As soon as I got my class schedule I would assign each class a color and start working on my weekly planner - filling in classes, tests, field hockey games, tennis matches, the list goes on and always in a colorful, well thought out pattern. My LL Bean backpack {all Mainers had one} was full of multi colored gelly roll pens - do you remember those - don't worry I still use them!


Once I became a big kid and started a "real" job I left my planner days behind, but kept the hanging calendar marked with activities, trips, events, celebrations, birthdays - ok you get the point! Then one of the greatest things happened in my planning and color coding life - her name is Erin Condren! My co-worker, Sarah, noticed my calendar and asked if I knew about Condren's Life Planners. What? No! Googling {thank you digital world}. Instantly I had flash backs to my school days and knew it was time to bring the planner back! Move over calendar, the life planner has taken your spot! These planners are so fun and full of colorful designs. You get to customize your cover and get some fun personalized samples of other items they sell. These planners are a bit pricey, so I took a couple of days to think about my purchase but "I loved it, I really loved it"! Check it out!

I use the full calendar for any travel as a quick glance to keep track of when I am out of town.
Green is my workout color, for some reason when I write it down I feel more committed :)
For all those mommies out there!
All images from Erin Condren's website - http://www.erincondren.com/store/



Great picture of the planner in action from another blogger Blue-Eyed Bride. Always fun to stumble on a new blog when looking for something, had fun reading her posts.

This was the cover I selected because it was bright and colorful - of course we put our own names on it!



Megan, introduced me to these pens and now they are my favorite everyday pen. Lots of color options and write beautifully - Uni-ball, available at most office supplies stores.

There is also a wedding version of the planner which would be a great gift for a bride-to-be!

Erin Condren has a great collection of fun way to personalize your life! Next on my wish list are the address labels once we make our big move!



Speaking of a new address, up next, status update regarding our future Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment