Friday, February 24, 2012

Dreams

I am no stranger to dreams! Most mornings I wake up after the most amazing dream...determined that if I turned my dream into a movie I would be strolling down the red carpet with my acceptance speech tucked away in my gown. Then you ask me to describe my dream and nothing makes sense, go figure!
Along with crazy “Oscar winning” dreams, I tend to be a dreamer in general and love big ideas! Growing up I would always tell my parents about my next big idea with full confidence that this idea was even better than the one I had last week. My parents always fully supported me and encouraged me to reach for the stars...they knew deep down I was sensible. My big ideas were my opportunities to take my love for creativity and turn it into something tangible, more than just an arts and crafts project. All through school I took as many art classes as possible and even built my major to have a 50/50 balance between marketing/business and art. Then reality really kicked in after school and my path to finding a career took me away from my creative world. BUT I am back!
Being surrounded by friends that are so talented and crafty has definitely inspired me to step it up. And what did I learn - how much I have missed being able to express myself through some form of design. It is a different type of accomplishment, one that is driven by my ideas and my choices. What's my canvas of choice these days...“cupcake décor” and getting back into graphic design. Below are some address labels I made to refresh my photoshop and illustrator skills.

          
                   


Final thought, never let what you love drift away!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I will take them all please. And then you can print them out onto round stickers is that how it works. Glad your out of the closet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Yup, that is the plan! I will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete