Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wild Things




Just the other day I was talking to my dad about a potential BIG family vacation, to visit my cousin-in-law's (is that the correct term, my cousin's husband) camp...now this is not a summer camp, or a camp on the lake...think EXOTIC! This "camp" is in Zambia, Africa and your neighbors are elephants, lions, rhinoceros, giraffes, the list goes on. This magical place is called the Royal Zambezi Lodge, and from the pictures it looks breath taking!! My mom just returned from South Africa visiting Zulu (my grandfather) and Uncle Nick. Her trip reminded me of this potential opportunity to explore this world without skyscrapers, busy streets, but rather endless views of the wild, the soft sounds that bring both fear and excitement, this is a world that can never truly be described only experienced!

Even though the pictures will never do this beautiful place justice, here are some images from the Royal Zambezi Lodge!


THE LODGE = Rustic elegance!
Mess from river
Jetty at sunset
Luggage
 
Terrace by night
 
Sitting Room
 
Bathtub
 
Classic Suite Double
 
Lodge at Night
 
It wouldn't be Africa without the Animals...
 
 
 
 
 
 
And to finish off the day...
Jacuzzi
 
Massage
 
If you have an African Safari on your bucket list this is the place to go and check it off! You will be treated like royality and the busy world of work and overwhelming schedules will disappear!
 
I know that my dreams tonight will be filled with wild adventures in safari luxury!!
 
All pictures curtosity of the Royal Zambezi Lodge.

2 comments: