Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Sweeter Side of Love

I have a deep love for the sweet side of life...I am talking pure sugar...or better known as CANDY! I am fully aware of the health concerns around these sweet delights but they are well worth every bite...lick...chew...taste...however I am working on my portion control!

Today I joined my friend for a run to one of my candy lifelines, CandyCandy (yes, the name tells it all)...her pick a small bag of gummy worms (great choice)...my pick, a HUGE mix of chocolate, sour, hot, and peanut butter pieces...I did share, but I can't deny that I consumed more than half...does it count that I ran that night?? Not that anything would have stopped me....mmmmm so yummy, thank you Willy Wonka!!!

Take a peak at some of my favorite highlights, images and pure delicious vision below with notes on how they have touched my life. I am being dramatic, but I am ok with it!



1 - The important part of this picture is in the bottom right hand corner. Those adorable blond locks belong to my fellow candy lover, nephew Jaxen! He worked the wedding crowd by convincing guests (while parents were out of sight) that he received approval to dive into the candy jars. We have so much in common!!

2 - A delicious display pulled together by the oh so talented Three Little Birds! ATTENTION: A new service party planners, brides and candy lovers...let Three Little Birds bring the sweet to you with an amazing candy bar. If the candy during the day wasn't enough, I couldn't leave with out tasting a few treats while stopping by the shop...again after my run, so totally acceptable!

3 - Sour patch kids - all time favorite! My mom and I can not go to the mall, movies, convenience store, you follow me, without picking up a bag of sour patch kids. It doesn't take long for the mouth watering patch crew to disappear.

4 - The candy bar at our wedding - this is easy, it was mandatory, top priority and required much discussion to make sure the selection was symbolic. Crazy, of course, but here is a taste of our rationale for some choices. Nerd rope - Dave and I have yet another thing in common, this was both our favorite candy growing up, Strawberry gummies - Dave and I got engaged in a strawberry patch (super romantic!), yup the sour patch kids made it and some other family favorites!

5 - Kristen's amazing candy bar at her wedding! The pink theme carried throughout the delicate, rustic and romantic decor. It was the perfect addition and of course I walked out with a large (too large!), beautifully initialed, bag of yummy sweets...I am not sure they survived the car ride home. Experience the rest of her wedding through Style Me Pretty's blog post. Picture by Kristin Vining.

6 - And lastly, my 24 hour fix! Who doesn't love a freshly made French pastry...what about the most incredible chocolate mousse, in a dark chocolate cup and chocolate dipped strawberry...have I sold you yet?...but can't make the trip now that it is midnight, surely the holder of this treat must be closed, oh no! my favorite French bakery, Amelie's is open 24 hours!! The atmosphere is eclectic, unique, inspiring and the food is the best dessert bar EVER (at least in my mind). Too close to be dangerous, too good to resist!

Now what are you craving?

2 comments: