Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just let me explain...

I know, I abandoned my journal already! Bad blogger, bad! But I promise there was a reason for my lack of entries and I want to take this opportunity to explain. It has been a very busy week (well starting last Saturday) and a recap should provide insight regarding my neglected blog space.

So lets begin last Saturday...yes I know that is over a week ago...but it was such a fantastic girls day that I couldn't let it pass by without mentioning. The day started out with a beautiful, strawberry infused, bridal shower for Kristin. What better place than Crave Dessert Bar to kick off a day of girls madness, all ladies love sweet treats (especially me)! Then it was off to Lindsey's home, where the rollers started to fly, eyelashes were doubling by the second, make up was being layered and accessories adorning necks, wrists and even hair! We were officially Fashion Show ready, but was the NC Dance Theater presentation ready for us?! See Kristen, The Wanna-be Southern Belle, for the details and pictures of everything pre Fashion Show. After the Fashion Show it was a true Girls Night Out at Mez. Drinks.Dancing.Laughter...and finishing the night off with a stop at Five Guys, from fine desserts to greasy burgers, heaven. Check out Lindsey Regan Thorne Be Pretty to see all the details and pictures! I do have to give a special thank you to Kristen for letting me borrow her dress, Lindsey for letting me borrow her necklace, shoes and making my hair pretty!

Sunday...Super Bowl Sunday...One of the things I love about Charlotte is the burst of golden sun, even during the winter months...it was a beautiful Sunday and we were all eager to take full advantage before an afternoon of watching football. So Dave, Lexi and I pulled ourselves together and took a nice stroll through our crazy little neighborhood. We don't take enough walks as a family, but I want to change that! We have some of our best conversations and Lexi provides plenty of entertainment during our walks. Then it was off to a friend's house for a super bowl party where the girls hung out upstairs and the boys downstairs in the man cave. I didn't know anyone really well, so it was a great chance to meet some new people.


Thank you Whitebox for this great picture!

For the Super Bowl I cheered for the Packers because Dave's QB was Rodger's and I am fan too!
Picture found here.

Monday...One of the big things I look forward to during the week is running with Lindsey and John (and Carmen and Tiffany). This is when we vent about the day, plan trips, talk future homes, and I talk and talk and talk. Yes, I am a talker when I run, I am sure it drives them crazy but they happily listen and play along to keep the convo going. I always feel completely refreshed when we are done and I am ready for the next day! This Monday John ran away with the show and Lindsey's summary on Be Pretty is hilarious and well worth a read! After our run it was off to the grocery store to pick up the goods to make enchiladas for the hubby!

Linds and John - the South End Night Runners

Picture of Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
My enchilladas looked pretty much like Rachel's...here is the SUPER easy recipe!

Tuesday...BOOK CLUB! So this one I can summarize easily...8 girls...plenty of wine...yummy snacks...chatter over chatter...sounds about right. It was great to meet new girls and "talk" about our first read. The book was a "quick" read (and if I am saying that it is true, I tend to "take my time" when it comes to reading) BUT a very tough topic. Next up Hunger Games, which I am told once you start you can't stop reading...let's see if I agree.



Wednesday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN!!!! First a ladies night run with Linds and Tiff, best of times as always! Then DUKE v. UNC at Whiskey Warehouse. Dave attended Duke for his MBA (as we say in Maine, he is WICKED SMART!) and as long as Duke isn't playing FSU he is cheering on the Blue Devils. As a good wife and supporter I sported my Duke t-shirt and attended the dedicated viewing session with Dave, Derrick (a current grad school student and Dave's best bud) and Derrick's classmate. We were 4, of maybe, 10 Duke fans in attendance. All that matters is the W and we all know how this story ends! Sorry Tar Heels.

Whitebox took these great pictures of Benjamin, the BIRTHDAY BOY!!



Cheers to a good win Duke!

Thursday...Late night at the office...everyone has those days, when you just can't break away from your work laptop and call it a night. That was my Thursday. Poor Lexi had all four paws crossed and doing her dance when I got home (such a good girl for waiting!). After Lexi and I spent time outside I managed to stir up motivation to make dinner, pork tenderloin and red potatoes...then called it a night...I NEED my beauty rest!


Friday...Couples Date Night...there is no better way to end a long week than with great company and delicious food! To close out the week Dave and I met up with our friends Megan and Nate at Cowfish (if you EVER need a restaurant recommendation Megan is your source, her picks never disappoint!). After yummy sushi we headed over to Dean and Deluca to finish the night with dessert and coffee. It was the perfect Friday night!


Megan and Nate at our wedding...Whitebox

Saturday...House Hunting...It was a Mitchell family adventure up north. Dave, Lexi and I packed into the car with our homes for sale listings and started the very, very early stages of house hunting. Not sure what we want or if we are even ready to buy...but we thought it would be best to see what was out there and available. We found some great homes (funny enough near golf courses) and areas...lots of possibilities! After our morning hunt we met up with Mary Ann and Jason for lunch at Prosciuttos. They are much further along with the process and provided a wealth of information and some new subdivisions being built...my dream would to be able to coordinate all NC friends to live in the same subdivision!! If only that were possible! Saturday night included turkey chilli and a cozy night in!

An older pic, but still a good one...Mary Ann, Jason, Dave and Me

Sunday...Beautiful days are meant to be spent outside...Dave hit the links with his buddies and Mary, Lexi and I put on our hiking shoes for a fun filled day at Crowder Mountain. I love Crowder, there is nothing better than hiking, fresh air, excercise and chatting the day away under the awning of trees...reaching the peak and taking a deep breath, stepping away from your worries and stress. After coming home re-energized the baker in me was ready to get to work in the kitchen. Chocolate chip cookies, check! Some house work and left over chilli for dinner.

Lexi and me at the top!

Mary at the top!

Lexi leading the way down


It was a BUSY week and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! And I thought i was always busy :) My pitty party is over!!! But really love getting to see what the Dews are up to when we aren't with you! Totally making those enchiladas they look delish!! And we actually tried Cowfish on Saturday night and loved it!! Can't wait to hear all about house hunting, coffee later? :) Happy V-day my Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoooooooooooooou! Happy vday! Love the post - CRAZY busy WOMAN! I love you and our runs... they aren't as much fun when it's just the hub and I and I don't run as fast or laugh as much! Sounds like a great week and weekend! Can't wait to hear about the house hunting too.... more so I'm counting down the days until July!

    ReplyDelete